At Nizamiye hospital, we are available to give advice on how to stay healthy and to assist you in your recovery if you become ill. We can work together most effectively if we know what to expect from each other. This is a summary of your rights and responsibilities as a user of our services:
Right to good quality healthcare and fair treatment
- You have the right to expect good quality in healthcare.
- You have the right to be treated in such way that your beliefs and privacy are respected and your dignity remains unoffended.
Right to access own medical records
- The patient must be briefed on her/his health unprompted.
- You have the right to refuse being given medical report.
- You have the right to ask for an interpreter in cases where a healthcare professional does not speak your language or you cannot be understood because of speech or sensory disorders.
- You have the right to examine your own medical information held in medical records. If you find the information faulty, you can request a correction.
You have the right to know and understand:
- Our assessment of your medical problem.
- What tests are being done and why.
- The risks of any test(s) or procedure(s).
- Alternatives to procedures and their risks.
- If any procedures are experimental or are provided as part of a research protocol.
- What treatment is recommended and its side effects and risks.
- The prospects for resolution of your problem
- The charges for your care and an explanation of their meaning.
- Our payment policies
- Being a good health care consumer does not mean being a silent partner.
- When you have questions – ASK
- When you have problems – SPEAK UP
- When you like what happens – EXPRESS YOUR APPRECIATION
- If you feel your rights have not been respected, or wish to file a complaint, compliment, or suggestion, you can: Complete a Comments form